Automation Concepts & Technologies, Inc. Blog
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.actco.com/
Tip of the Week: Email Signature Strategy
The email signature is an often-overlooked opportunity for an organization to appear that much more professional. Here, we’ll look into how to set up your email signature in Gmail.
This process is a very easy one to do.
Open Gmail and in the top-right, you should see a gear icon. Click that and then go to Settings. Once you’ve clicked into it, you should see a “Signature” section. Simply add your signature there, or insert your company’s standardized signature. Scroll to the bottom of the page to Save Changes.
What to Include in Your Signature
As you create an email signature, you need to make sure that it presents you in a professional light. Fortunately, this isn’t too hard to accomplish if you include the right details.
- Name - I know, I know, but I wouldn’t say it if there weren’t examples of email signatures that neglected to mention the sender’s name.
- Job Title - This lets your recipient know what you do for your business, and expresses some professional pride in what you do.
- Company Name - Again, this seems like a no-brainer, but it can also be an opportunity to share your logo.
- Telephone Number - This makes you appear easier to get a hold of, which translates to “more reliable” in your contact’s mind. Don’t forget to include your specific extension as well.
- Website - Linking your company website to an email signature adds another level of function to it, as you can use your signature to showcase any promotions you may be running at the time.
For more assistance with your email solution, feel free to lean on Automation Concepts & Technologies, Inc.’s IT experts. Our team can be reached by calling (508) 622-5100.